Friday, July 3, 2015

Enjoy this day - It's all about love

Last week, my long-time co-worker came to me with an interesting challenge. Her daughter is attending a Wedding for a same-sex couple this summer and discovered that there are next to no greeting cards on the shelves that are appropriate - either the wording was wrong or the image. She determined that it would just not do to give the one card that seemed appropriate as inevitably, every guest would do the same and the newlyweds would end up with the same card eleventy-seven times! 



Here is where I come in - my co-worker knows that I love to make cards, she also knows that I often recycle or re-purpose things on my cards as she has saved me many, many Starbuck's sleeves over the last few years! She came to work with her request and a beautiful piece of patterned and embossed cardstock that was basically the fancy internal envelope (open at the top and criss-crossed at the front) that had held the Wedding invite - the embossed daisy pattern in the main panel of the card.


Since she gave me such a good jumping-off point and the paper was beautiful to boot, it didn't take me too long to put this together. Since it is for such a special occasion, I thought the easel design would be fun. All in all, it is a basic design, but I managed to utilize & showcase the paper provided and thanks to Unity, I had sentiments that seem perfect for the occasion.
Here is another shot that shows the front of the envelope. I have had that "Express Postage" stamp from CTMH for probably 8 years - high five as it has finally seen ink! Since I am a big fan of sending (and receiving) snail mail, I always enjoy putting a "stamp" on the envelope even if it is being hand-delivered.

Here is a shot to show the easel part, sorry about the bad lighting!


I would like to share at:

Thanks for visiting!
Shanna :)

What I used:
Unity - Enjoy this Day and It's all about Love, the Daisy on the envelope is from the Jan. 2014 Kit of the Month
CTMH - D1262 Express Postage, D1288 June Word Puzzle, D1329 Noteworthy
cardboard coffee sleeve (for hand-cut hearts)
seam binding
CTMH artisan studs
SU punch
CTMH Cocoa and New England Ivy Ink and Cardstock
patterned paper - upcycled from the "wrapper" for the couples Wedding invite
brown zig writer pen



12 comments:

  1. This card turned out fabulous! I love the textured hearts and the colour palette is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....it's gorgeous! Love the whole look and all the texture! What a delicious card! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and so nice you could make something perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Cute with the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great easel card I love the stamped envelope also. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card that I think will be very appreciated by the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I love to recycle and re use things too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool easel, and I love the texture on the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! The textured hearts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You are amazing! A bit of this and a bit of that and Taadaaa, you've created another incredible masterpiece. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)