Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Smashing The Gathering 2.0

Is it Friday yet??? Oh dear, I really need it to be Friday!

In the meantime, here is my youngest son's recent contribution to our Smash book! He was invited to a sleepover party a few weeks back. He and his friends started referring to it as "The Gathering two point oh." This based on the fact that a Sleepover at the same boy's house back in the winter had been referred to as simply "The Gathering." I couldn't help it...this, I told him, is the title of a scrapbook page! 


I stuck around to visit with the Mom for a bit when I dropped him off at the party. While we chatted, the boys started to appear with "war paint" on their faces. I ventured to ask "when you are all painted, can I take a group shot of you?" I was somewhat surprised with the enthusiastic YES!

So, outside we went, nerf guns, war paint and all, and they actually enjoyed posing for the camera! So, I printed them out at home and brought copies back the next morning when I picked him up. It wasn't too hard to talk him into making the Smash page - after all, he already had a photo and a title!

You might recognize some of those alpha stickers, Lauren! Other embellishments include stamps from CTMH's "Tech Speak," random stickers from the stash and a few characters/items fussy cut from packaging. I encouraged him to include the 5 "W's" - and since he decided that what they did at the gathering was CONFIDENTIAL, he used the various stickers and stamps to sort of represent what they did. I did help with the fussy cutting, but he selected all the elements and placed them as he wanted. I love how he placed the pizza so that it looks like Pac-Man eating pepperoni slices!!! lol

I would like to share this on my son's behalf, at Heart 2 Heart for their masculine challenge, Man oh Man!

Thanks for visiting! I know my son would love to hear what you think about his page.
Shanna :)

6 comments:

  1. So cool that your son joined in on your smash book. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so OBVIOUSLY there is an official graphic design gene, and you've passed yours on to the next generation! this is soooooooooooooo AWESOME!!! i love the pic, i love the title, and HOLY MOLY i wouldn't have recognized the alphas, but WOW, you guys make those things look goooooooooooood! love, love, love this!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great job and love that our getting the next generation involved! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all kinds of awesome! I love that his voice has shone through on these pages, and all of the elements work so well together. I can't wait to see more of his creative spark! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)