Friday, June 6, 2014

JOY

Okay, so here we have another very flat and mailable card and one more card for the slowly growing stash! The rhinestones should not add enough bulk to make a difference. I could not help but distress this one though it may have looked just peachy without the distressing - that would have seemed way too easy though - ya know like cheating, lol! This is one of those lovely designer papers that allows you to just let the paper do the work - quick and easy peasy! (Well sometimes - other times I can't figure out for the life of me how to work them into a design!)

I would like to share at Shopping Our Stash where the challenge is "Critters" - I like birds while my Dad and sister can't stand them, lol! I guess I willl avoid sending them this one!
I would also like to share at Christmas Card Challenges.

 Now, these next two were made by my youngest son. He is the best kid - ever since I made a Christmas card a few weekends ago to get my stash started, he has been listening to Christmas music, looking at Christmas books and asking me if I have any Christmas presents to wrap because he LOVES wrapping gifts!!! He has also been hunting for the Sears Wish Book to start his wish list, lol! I guess I might have passed my love for Christmas on - BUT besides making Christmas cards here and there, I must admit that even I don't really feel like wrapping Christmas gifts in June! lol So if any of you eager shoppers out there have a stash ready to wrap, you might consider hiring my son!

 Aren't these the cutest? I allow him to raid my "never made it on the card or layout" stash whenever he makes cards, which is pretty fun really - maybe I should make more cards that way...
Thanks for visiting!
Shanna :)

What I used:
papers - My Mind's Eye - All is Bright 6x6
flower rhinestones - CTMH (very old)

7 comments:

  1. Pretty card Shanna...your son did a good job with his too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! The bling and the distressing really add to this card. Your son's cards are great too! Love his snowy hills and those adorable penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous batch of cards!!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Christmas Card challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bird with the party hat :) Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok, so, you know i LOVE your gorgeous mme card, but if you really wanted it to get its fair share of attention and respect you should definitely NOT have put it into the same post with THE BOY's amazing creations, lol!!! seriously, i think he's also inherited your fab eye and design sense... these are REALLY good and not just b/c he's got super-cute elements, but he has really used the SPACE well in a very grown up way! clearly the stamping banana gene is strong in your family, missus!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)