Friday, November 15, 2013

Merry Christmas Trees

Hooray for Friday!!!

I have managed to make a card for a few challenges.

At Shopping Our Stash, they are asking us to use something that was hanging around on our desks - in this case it was the burlap and that fabulous star that was not even from the same paper line,as it was cut out long ago, but happened to match perfectly with my project! 

Here is the second card I made. I am partial to the first though as I like the texture offered by the burlap and I prefer the script paper as well. Either way, two more cards for the growing stash that soon needs to be mailed!


At Jingle Belles, we have been prompted to think about our fave holiday traditions. I LOVE this prompt and could really go on and on and on...I have so many fave traditions! Today though, I was thinking about trees. 
When we were very young ( there were four of us, I am the eldest), my Papa (my Mom's Dad) used to stop by our house on Christmas Eve, or sometimes a few days before Christmas, and deliver four tiny little pine trees that he had cut down from his property so that we could each have one for our bedrooms! We so looked forward to this and couldn't wait to prop them up in mason jars, string them with a small set of lights and decorate them our very own selves!!! Because of this tradition, we started to receive a new ornament each Christmas (often more than one each year once family member caught on) and Mom let us each keep our very own shoe box of special ornaments. Each year, we would pull them out and hang them on our darling little "Charlie Brown" tress as I liked to call them. 
After awhile, Mom found us some artificial trees for our rooms. We liked the real ones, but Mom allowed us to put the artificial ones up much earlier which we were happy about. By them time I moved out on my own, I had enough cherished holiday ornaments to decorate my very own seven foot tree (and then some actually). I have kept each and every one and they bring back such fond memories of Christmases past each year when I remove them from their tissue paper. My own boys now have their own artificial trees and love putting them up each year, so the tradition continues! It won't be long now before the decorations come out...my rule is always to wait until after Remembrance Day.

 I would like to share at:

Inspired By - photo




Jingle Belles - Favourite Holiday traditions
SOS - use something on your desk
and
Little Red Wagon - use trim (in this case burlap - hmmm, is that trim?)

Thanks so much for visiting!
Shanna :)

What I used:
stamp - CTMH D1166 Vintage Christmas
ink - CTMH Olive
paper - Kaiser Craft "Turtle Dove"
burlap, twine, misc. buttons
edge distresser

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Shanna! Love how the burlap hangs over your card. Yummy texture!!
    Hope all is well in your end of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THese are GORGEOUS....in fact, I just hopped over to ebay to put a bid in on this stamp set, I love it so much. Love your tree/ornament memory too...how sweet & blessed you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super stunning! I really love that shade of green and the burlap touch is perfect!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing memory ... and so wonderful that you can carry it on today ... so glad you shared your holiday tradition at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rustic feel to this card and that touch of burlap is perfect! Thanks for joining our challenge over at LRW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining in at the Shopping our Stash what's on your desk challenge this week! Loving this card with the shades of green and the burlap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)