Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Birthday

Good morning,
 I was away for work this past week - left Tuesday night and got back very early this morning. I just made it to the airport in Toronto in the nick of time as they were in the middle of a winter storm, the roads were in rough shape as we made our way there. I was lucky to tack on a short visit with my sister and nephew on the end of my trip. While I was away though, I missed both my son's and my husband's birthday - they were born on the same day!

Here is the card I made for my son before I left. I had been planning to pull out all the packaging from gifts received in order to make my son's card since it is difficult to find stamps etc. featuring some of his favourite characters, and along came the current challenge at Shopping Our Stash! We are meant to use product packaging on our creations. If I recall correctly, these little characters were on a package of mini figurines my son rec'd for his last birthday. Anyhow, having them on hand helped me to create a fun themed card despite my lack of stamps that suit. Hooray!



Thanks for your visit! I'm off to make heads or tails out of what has transpired at my house in my absence - and then get geared up for the birthday party tonight!
Shanna :)

What I used:
packaging from toys
papers: DCWV "The Generation Tech" stack
Around the block "dymo gun"
circle punch

2 comments:

  1. oh ♥WOW♥ this is BRILLIANT!!! i bet he brought this to bed with him, and has given it pride of place in his room ever since! :) you've chosen the PERFECT papers and design to compliment the graphics, as well. utterly awesome. (& i'm not even a mario fan, lol!) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in at Shopping our Stash with our product packaging challenge. What a perfect card for our challenge! Love that you kept those little icons for future use! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)