Sunday, January 27, 2013

Let's go fly a kite

I spent the last couple of evenings nursing my head cold and working on this card. It was very therapeutic actually! Donna was over scrappin' with me last night - thanks for the advice to add stitching to my "fanned out" papers, I think it was just exactly what it needed! 


This card is for the current challenge at Saturated Canary - inspired by a movie. My movie is "Mary Poppins," one of my childhood favourites! If you have seen the movie, you may recall the song "Let's go fly a kite" hence the tie in.

My card is also for the challenge at Inky Chicks where they are having a BINGO challenge. I have managed to incorporate the items on every square except two! I included: image, sentiment, ribbon, bow, pins, pearls, flowers and die cuts.


I even managed to use a Brand New CTMH stamp set (C1539 - Scrapbook sentiments - Poets) on the inside - I love this quote! Here is a peek at the inside...


 Hope you have a fantastic Sunday! A big shout out to "Mr. Bananastamper," as one of you called him, as he has taken the boys ice fishing for the afternoon so that I can relax and kick this cold in the butt! Bliss!!!

Thanks so much for visiting!

Shanna :)

What I used:
image: Saturated Canary "Windy Day" digi- found here in Krista's shop
papers: Cosmo Cricket "Togetherness" mini deck
ribbon: SU
quote: CTMH C1539
sentiments - CTMH and Hero Arts

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, love the image and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous....love the paper and gorgeous colouring!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday : )
    I love that card. Those colours are so vibrant.
    Hope your cold clears very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful. I love all the layers and of course...your colouring is fabulous.

    You are welcome for the input on the stitching....that's what scrappy friends are for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still completely adore this image and love what you have done with the vibrant colours thanks for entering at SC hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh oh oh oh ohhhhhh!! this is one of my absolute fav films! gorgeous card hun and I love those bright pops of colour!
    thank you so much for sharing your card with us over on the SC challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)