Wednesday, January 2, 2013

All wrapped up

I had some fun with my wrapping this year and thought I'd share a few of the "brown paper packages" I tied up with strings!



I wrapped a few this way. A fun way to use twine and a fun way to play with my many Christmas themed postage style stamps. In this one you can also see one of the little packages we prepared for some neighbours containing large pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and rolled in sprinkles and/or crushed candy cane. I just placed them in cello bags and added a tag.

I made this tag at our Stamping Pyjama party back in the fall. The tag was Amy's make and take project. I had purchased the ornament awhile back at my fave local store Vintage Pixie - there happens to be a sale happening right now.

The lighting in this one was terrible as I was in a hurry, sorry! I made a quick tag to cover the logo from  the store on this paper bag so that I could re-purpose it, then added some jingle bells for fun. This held one of the teacher gifts. The kraft coloured seam binding you see was from a bag of lace and binding I picked up at our local Thrift store for $1.00. Gotta love a deal like that!


 And here are a couple of shots of my nephew Graham and sister Krista when we gave Graham his Christmas gifts at the beginning of December. For a little guy who was only four months old, he was pretty interested! He did try to "eat" the paper more than once, but it was so fun to watch his interest.

And last but not least here is proud big cousin Cameron holding Graham. On the last night of his visit with us, I had him and he was fussing quiet a bit. I had to do something and asked hubby if he would take Graham. Cameron, who was sitting in the massage chair, piped up and said "I'll settle him." I handed him over and he did just that! Brave boy to take a crying baby and manage to settle him, way to go cousin Cam!

Gotta pack up the skiis and feed the boys lunch, we are hitting the slopes this afternoon!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

2 comments:

  1. The parcels look great! What a special touch. Graham looks cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great parcels...super cute little guy too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)