Friday, March 9, 2012

Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys...

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by!

I have had so much fun playing along this week at Our Creative Corner! The challenge this week is "Making Melody" - use a song as inspiration for your project. I kept coming up with fun ideas for songs I love. I have managed to make three cards for this challenge! - I am not aware that there is a limit to the number of entries, but I apologize if there is. My inspiration for this card is from the Waylon Jennings/Willie Nelson song "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys" - this is the sort of music I was raised on - The Oakridge Boys, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, Elvis, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver and the list goes on. I have explored many different types of music over the years and now enjoy a wide variety including pop, classical, jazz, folk and country to name a few.
The idea for my card came together for a few reasons. I really wanted to use this funky old bottle cap that I picked up at an antique sale last spring. I also wanted to play some more with me new MME Miss Caroline Dilly Dally 6x6 pad - in particular - the paper with the tickets on it. The one that says County Fair on it made me think of the song and this fun cut from the "A Child's Year" cartridge. So, that is how it came together. And here is the inside.
I would also like to share my card over at Cupcake Craft where the current challenge is red and yellow. There certainly are other colours on the card, but I think maybe there is enough yellow & red especially with my funky bottle cap. If not, no problem, but thought I'd share.

My boys get home from school in about an hour - I'm sure there will be vibrating with excitement since it will then officially be MARCH BREAK! So looking forward to getting together with some scrappy friends tonight while hubby has some quality time with the boys.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Shanna :)

What I used:
papers: MME Miss Caroline - Dilly Dally 6x6 pad - available at DAT'S
cricut: Art Philosophy (CTMH) for tickets, A Child's Year - cowboy
twine, antique bottle cap, edge distresser, SU tag punch

6 comments:

  1. Great card. I love it!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I know I just told you while I was sitting beside you but I thought I should comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, fab choice of papers and such a lovely design! Thanks for joining in our red and yellow challenge at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is AWESOME Shanna!! Love the tickets especially and all your fun papers, that bottlecap ROCKS!! What a neat find *Ü* And love the li'l cowboy diecut too!! How fun! This would've been perfect for last week's cricut challenge which was carnival. :) Anyways... thanks for dropping by today!!

    Our weather has been so weird! the week before last we had snow too. Then it warmed up and the first day it hit 70 the allergies started. Swollen itchy eyes, sneezing, runny nose... so I hit the pharmacy for some Allegra which didn't help at all yesterday. I really need the Allegra D, but they don't sell it otc here in Oregon (or WA) darn it! So to the dr. I go next week. Enjoy your cooler weather while ya have it!! :) heehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shanna, this is one rootin' tootin', all-around-FUN card! Love the little buckaroo image and all of the roughed up elelments you added. So perfect with your song inspiration, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)