Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trees and a Big Thank You!

The challenge this week at Raise the Bar is to use trees. Hooray, I can play along with a challenge - it's been so long since I've done. I would also like to enter this in the Wee Memories challenge which is to take Inspiration from Christmas Music - my inspiration came from "Oh Christmas Tree" of course! :)

I just love this paper from Little Yellow Bicycle that I picked up from DAT'S awhile back, but I have trouble using paper like this in a scrapbook layout, so I decided to turn it into a card. I just love the music notes in the background. Of course, I used the awesome matching buttons and some tiny beads that I mooched off of Donna for ornaments on the tree. These days I buy almost anything with music on it - I'm a little obsessed. Maybe it's because I finally decided to take some music lessons. My eldest, Chester has been taking piano for two years now, and I love listening to him play. Last spring, I spoke to his teacher to see if she would consider taking me on as an adult student with zero experience. I started my lessons in September and am thoroughly enjoying it! I have managed to learn enough so far to pay several basic Christmas songs! I always wanted to try piano as a child, but my family didn't have a piano and did not have the means to acquire one. So here I am learning at thirty-something. It has been so fun!


I want to send a big shout out to the team over at Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenges. I suddenly stopped posting for them and have yet to provide an explanation. I had almost come to the end of my DT term when some major stressors hit and they gave me permission to bow out gracefully a few weeks early. I am thankful that they understood that life had to come first as I had some important things to attend to. I had a fabulous time being on Sparkle's Christmas Challenge Design Team and am so thankful for the opportuntiy and also for the fact that I have 90 - count 'em - ninety Christmas Cards ready to go. All we have to do is finish the signing (my boys sign them all) and finish addressing. I am so grateful to be ahead of the game and hope to do the same for next year! To the girls on the team, thanks for a great time! I'll be playing along come the new year as I hope to keep up with you all as much as possible.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Shanna :)

11 comments:

  1. your card is beautiful, wish I had made 90! I cheated and had some made up with photographs! have a lovely weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! This card is fab!
    Can't believe you have 90 of the ready to go. That makes my six (yes you read that right, six!) look pretty paltry in comparisson!
    Now, regarding your Edward/Jacob idea and my jewellery.....I think we could be onto a winner......BUT....what about fang/paw prints? I think that could become an overnight market leader!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that paper and those cute buttons! SO fun & festive! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous.....and I commend you for learning to play the piano. It's something I always wanted to do as a child, too...and when my hubby bought me a keyboard a few years ago to learn - well, let's just say that I'm an instant gratification type person, and when I wasn't advancing to beautiful pieces like Fur Elise, I quit. I don't even know if I can find middle C anymore. *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. You should see the construction going on at my house. Would still like if you could come over and give me some help decorating. Looking forward to homework club..as are the kids. Will touch base soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. really darling! love the red buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card- love the buttons and the beads on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Good for you for learning how to play the piano later in life. My daughter was in MYC and I learnt a bit while she did. I should take lessons too! :>

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card looks great, love that paper! Good for you for learning piano now as an adult, that's something I'd love to do!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)