Sunday, December 19, 2010

Forever in my heart....

This card is for the family of my dear friend Ellena who lost her battle with Lymphoma back at the beginning of November. I lost my "zest" for blogging around that time and sort of disappeared from cyberspace for a bit. When I came back, I wasn't up to discussing the reasons why. It is still so difficult for me to believe that she is really gone - I think that is why it took me this long to make her family's card.
E had a thing for owls, so I just had to include them somewhere on the card. :)


Ellena was a dear friend and fellow scrapbooker. She was a Stampin Up Demonstrator - when I first met her years ago, I actually thought of her as "the competition" and treaded carefully since she was in "the business" first. Ha - no need really, we quickly became each others customers! And of course, in the stamping world we can never have enough - variety is the spice of life right?!?

Ellena or "E" as most of us called her, was always smiling - we shared so many great laughs together! She was kind and generous, always willing to participate in an event to benefit a charity - such as our Annual Stamping Pyjama party. Despite her failing health, she attended this year's event - we were so honored to have her there! She was a true fighter, right to the end - it was evident that her intent was to "live with cancer" rather than die from it and that is exactly what she did.

Though I am sorry that she is gone, I am a better woman to have known her and call her my friend, and for that I am fortunate and truly thankful. E - you will remain forever in my heart.

Hugs,
Shanna :)

p.s. I would like to enter this in the Paper Sundaes challenge this week which is to "cut it out".

What I used:
stamps: CTMH
papers: My Mind's Eye - Quite Contrary
Embellishments: twig, Bella Bling, ribbon

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Shanna. I'm sure her family will love the card & I love that you included the owls which were something she loved! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful way with words - love the card and it's even more special knowing the meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice card...I'm sure E's family will love it.

    ps: The reason Zach is touching the Juliet statue's boob is that it is supposed to be good luck...either that or he had the need to cop a cool cement feel in Verona..ha ha

    Merry Christmas Lee-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. She sounds like she was a wonderful lady and I'm sure she'll be greatly missed.

    Your card is very cute and the owls are adoreable!

    Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ♥ Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your friend. She sounds like a wonderful person. This is such a fun card, my girls also love owls. As for the recipes for the ciders I actually cheat and just bag up Stephen's cider flavors, lol. It's so much easier and they are so tasty ;) Anyway, sending you online hugs and prayers dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing woman. I'm sure her family appreciated this special card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone so special to you is very hard. I went through a similiar experience early this year and I am still working through it. My prayers go out to you..keep stamping :)
    Hugs~Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)