Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sweet Baby

Hooray, it's Thursday! Well, maybe..... You know, long weekends are fabulous, unless you have a ton of things to accomplish during the work week.....I really could use an extra 24 hours this week as I get ready to head out of town again next week - but who couldn't use a few extra hours!?!?

I've been needing to get a few baby cards done and this is one of the projects I worked on at Kraftin' Kimmie day back at the end of September. It was the first time I had used this particular Nestability and I finally used one of my felt flowers that I purchased some time ago from Stamping Up - um, no hoarding tendencies here.....well, I suppose it's more like too many embellishments (and stamps, and paper and and and...) not enough time!



I needed baby boy and baby girl cards, so I just changed the one background paper and the color of the birds.

When I went to my staff conference in September, we did the "True Colors" workshop. At first, I whined about it as I've done it twice before - though it has been years - but in all actuality, it was a bit fun. I found out that I am mostly Blue with a quite a bit of Gold. Blues tend toward the helping professions, put people before paperwork, have a tendency to wear their hearts on their sleeves and are sentimental and romantic. Golds are very organized. There is more to it of course, but that is the gist of what I remember at this point several weeks later. The best part was sitting there trying to figure out our spouse's colors - mine is definitely an Orange! Oranges are very spontaneous, do not like to follow rules, have great difficulty with routines, do not read the instructions, have difficulty staying on task without prodding and prompting and get excited about starting things, but rarely finish them. This being the perfect description of my dear husband!!! Anybody out there know your color?

I promise to share some fun photos from our Kraftin Kimmie weekend soon. Be back soon!

Shanna :)

What I used:

stamps: Love you forever - CTMH

papers: Little Yellow Bicycle - Snugglebug line

embellishments: misc ribbon, felt flower - SU

6 comments:

  1. What a cute card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like doing those personality things, it gives us a chance for introspection and also to try to understand others. I've done a few of them, but not the one you describe. In the Insights one, which is also colours, I am strong red and blue, where red likes to get stuff done now and blue likes to do it just right....
    As for your cards, they are both very pretty. I really like how that flower coordinates, good for you for digging in to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Gorgeous baby cards and the felt flower looks great!
    My Hubby did that colour thing in some team building thing at work recently i think can't remember what he was though!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable baby cards! I wouldn't have thought of using birds - but these are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)