Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hello from George and Happy Anniversary Hubby!

Hello everyone! Just a quick couple of photos to share as I didn't get a chance to photograph any of the cards that I made today. Some of them are design team work, etc and I can't share those quite yet in anycase.
This is George. He came along on our getaway with us and we had fun photographing him in a variety of fun places! As you can see, we started out our trip with a treat from Starbuck's! Mine is a Chai Frappucino - yummy! (I have Meghan to thank for getting me hooked on these!) When we reached Beaver Bay, we stopped at a great little quilt shop to indulge in some fabulous fabrics! Can you say Basic Grey fabric - gorgeous!!! There was so much to choose from, we must have spent an hour there! George approved of this pit stop for sure!
I know what some of you are thinking - fabric, what for? I am a bit of a sewer, but mostly on my cards. Donna and I buy fat quarters of the fabrics that "call our names" and share them - just enough to make a couple of cards or add some texture to a layout. I did use fabric on a couple of cards I made during our getaway - I will share them soon.
Well, it's getting late and we are heading home very early in the morning, so better "hit the hay"! It is so late that it is now actually Thursday, July 29th and I can officially wish my hubby Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been 10 years! We have a date night planned - a nice way to ease back into realilty once I arrive home from my petite escape!
I look forward to catching up with all of you soon!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh no...you guys were into the fabric stores too? Shopping together? that just can't be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool that you share the cost of fabric :D

    love your monkey :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi George! Is he to become a regular feature? Hey I thought this was a girly trip!When you and Donna shop together it sounds like a husbands worst nightmare and an economists dream. The world economy saved by scrappers! Hope you didn't spend too much or no cash left for Date Night! Happy anniverary Banana and Mr Banana, may you have many many more happy years!
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We tried coming up with a girly name for our buddy, but George just came out and it is a suitable name for reasons I won't get into right now. Shanna and I actually behave ourselves in stores. We put back a lot of things that we talked each other out of. Maybe it wasn't enough things put back, but none the less, we did put stuff back.

    This was a more than fabulous get-a-way and I will cherish every moment of it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwhahahaha! Happy Anniversay Mr. Banana! Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Shanna! We kind of share an anniversary... July 29th was the 21st anniversary of the night dh and I met and started dating instantly :D 21 years... isn't that crazy? That's more than half my life!

    Oh, and now I want a Starbucks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)