Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Love of a Lifetime

Danderella and I have been counting down to the premiere of Eclipse and tonight is the night! Woohoo! If all goes as planned, we are getting together at my house after lunch to watch Twilight and New Moon before heading to the theatre after dinner. Should be a fun afternoon!





It all started not quite a year ago when I picked up a copy of Twilight at the local library when I took my boys to choose some books. I picked it up and thought, hmmm - a few of the girls (scrappy friends) had recommended it, maybe I'll give it a try. Let's just say it turned life upside down for a couple of weeks - I was so hooked ("sucked in" might be a better world) and just had to know what happened - all I wanted to do was read!!! Ask Danderella who read the whole first book in one sitting - unfortunately I passed it to her late at night!!! Thank goodness all four books had been published by the time I started reading -I don't know how people managed to contain themselves in between books. Anyhow, if you are interested in reading more about my obsession at the time, feel free to visit my "I think I'm in love with a vampire" post here. I also did a layout back in November in honour of the premiere of New Moon - you can find that here.



I thought it would be fun to make a card in honor of the premiere of Eclipse and enter them in two challenges that are having Twlight related themes this week. Over at Raise the Bar, the theme is Evening/Twlight and the challenge at Drunken Stampers is "Inspired by Twlight". I also managed to incorporate the sketch from Mojo Monday. This is the first time ever that I've actually used a sketch from Mojo in time to post it during the current week!



I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Edward in my head (I always read the book before watching the movie) is way better than the on-screen Edward. No, I defintely don't mind looking at Rob Pattinson, but the Edward in my head was just different somehow, better if that's possible...One of the things I love most about Edward, besides his velvet voice and other than that he is a brain and very well-read is that he is an accomplished musician - I love how he plays piano for Bella and even composes a song. (I was so impressed to hear that Rob Pattinson is a classically trained musician!) So, that is a very long and drawn out way to explain why I chose to use this fantastic 7 gypsies DSP for my background. I bought several sheets of this when it came out lest I should ever run out!

As I was making this, I started thinking about how our 10th Anniversary is coming up - in one month - and decided, hey, I'll just make it an anniversary card! How thrilled to you think hubby will be to get an Anniversary card with Edward on the front!?!?! LOL - I'll just have to make sure to write something like "So glad I found my own human Edward" on the inside! No, hubby does not play piano - he isn't musical at all, so I might be pushing it. LOL! It's getting late and apprarently I'm rambling...

For all the fans out there, ENJOY the movie! For the non-fans, sorry for the rambling. Will be back to the regularly scheduled programming soon :)

Cheers,
Shanna :)

UPDATE: 10:30 pm on Wed night - I totally enjoyed Eclipse! I agree with what others are saying - it is by far the best yet of the series. Way more of everything - action, romance and a few funny parts too!


What I used:
stamps: The Greeting Farm
papers: 7 gypsies DSP both sides, Kraft, Bazzil dark brown, CTMH pansy purple
embellishments: Bo Bunny Rub-on, Basic Grey Bling it, Kaiser pearls, Bazzil chips music note
copics: BV29, BV23, E18, E37, E99, C3

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your Edward card! So darling! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanna, I LOVE your card!!! I too love the book Edward more than the movie Edward, but I still like the eye candy! I hope you have fun tonight, I can't wait to see the movie but I will have to wait for a while until I will have the time.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Drunken Stampers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you had a great time at the movie! It started here yesterday too, but it was hopelessly sold out hours before (maybe even more)
    great card too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fab time! I will be there in spirit so have some popcorn for me! Love the card and I think hubby should to if he knows what's good for him lol! They should bring out a bare chested Edward stamp that you could glitter up.......mmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shanna~sounds like you two are going to have a great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!

    The movie was FANTASTIC! Yes, I am rubbing it in a bit. I probably enjoyed the movie more because the girls were so into it and our surprise private screening tickets were a huge surprise for them. Although, Eclipse is a lot better than Twilight & New Moon. So, they have finally made a movie in this series that I actually enjoy watching.

    Amy's experience was made even better when she won a Jacob t-shirt that they were raffling off.

    ENJOY YOUR DAY & THE MOVIE TONIGHT, YOU BOTH DESERVE THIS TIME TOGETHER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card - hope you had a great time at the movie :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Edward card!!!

    Eclipse is the best movie in the series so far, so I hope that you enjoy your movie night!!!

    I'm going to enter my Alice card in the challenges that you suggested. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! Great mix of textures and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVED the movie last night!

    Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautifully designed! Great layering, and a perfect submission for our Twilight challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with the Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)