Friday, June 25, 2010

For Meghan


Good morning!

Today is the first official day of the summer holidays for my boys! It also means a week off for me to ring in the holidays with them! Woo hoo - doing the happy dance! It has been a long time since I've had more than a day or two off in addition to my regular weekend - so looking forward to this!
I have had an O&M student from Mohawk college in Brantford working with me for the last three months. It has been a busy time - I brought her on the road with me and we did 4 road trips in a 7 week period. The last few weeks, we have stayed closer to the office to see people/children in the immediate area, so although the pace has remained pretty busy, it has been nice to stay closer to home. Lucky for me, it turns out Meghan and I have a variety of things in common. We both enjoy a good book and share common concerns about the environment. She is also a quick study and has had lots of great questions. It has been fun to share my passion for what I do with her! Finding that we had a number of things in common made travel together easy and enjoyable. (Those road trips would have felt weeks long rather than days otherwise!)
So, this is the card that I made for Meghan from myself and all the staff at my office, wishing her well and thanking her for her help over the past three months. All the Best Meghan! I will miss you, but I know we will stay in touch.
As I was making this card, it just seemed to need a bit of a shabby look, so I distressed all my edges and did some tearing - something I don't do very often. I think I like how it turned out, especially because it allows the polkadots to peek through. As such, I am entering this card into the challenge this week at KLSNS, where the challenge is "Let's get Shabby!"
Hooray for the holidays! I have a bunch of things ready to share, it is just a matter of putting posts together, so since I'm on holidays, I should have time to make more frequent posts in the next while! Have a fabulous Friday!
Shanna :)
p.s. Is anyone else counting down the days to ECLIPSE? I sure I am - I have a fantastic afternoon/evening planned with Danderella. We have the afternoon off together sans children and plan to watch both Twilight and New Moon while eating bonbons - then once we get the kiddos where they need to be (picked up from daycare, etc.), we will be attending Eclipse in the early evening!!! Only five more sleeps!
What I used:
stamps: Quote from Tim McGraw - Stampendous
papers: Basic Grey Kioshi - hooray I finally cracked open my pack!
emb: misc. buttons & ribbon, prima flower

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card!!! I love the quote and all of the distressing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the shabby look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I love the distressed look! I'm super excited for Eclipse too. My best friend & I are going to the midnight screening, can't wait though I'm not looking forward to working the next day :) Drop me a line after & let me know what you & Danielle thought of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the distressing :D

    so great that you could share your passion :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty ... thanks for joining this week at KLSNS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)