Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge Week 32 & 33
















So, I had been on a roll completing Sparkle's Christmas card challenge for the last few weeks, then last week "happened". I had some Birthday cards to make and well, Christmas just didn't happen until very last on Saturday night. So, I have two cards for last week and one for this week.
This cute magnolia card with Edwin holding his lantern is for this week's challenge. I have to say that I really struggled with the design of this one as there was too much open space just "sitting" there on the right side. After letting it sit for a few days, I decided to add the scalloped oval tucked in behind the image. I think it helps. What do you think? I aplolgize for the lighting in the first photos, I took it just now under crumby lighting conditions and the silver brads look black, yikes! It is the same cards as the one below, I just added the scalloped oval.
For the second card, I used a Tilda image I rec'd on a swap at Splitcoast Stampers. I tried to follow Sparkle's sketch and challenge, but I'm not sure it quite fit. Oh well, another card for the Christmas stash in any case.

The third card I basically put together using all the scraps I had out from the last few Christmas cards I've made. I used the Snow Time set from Stamping Up. A super cute set, but sure hasn't seen enough ink. Again, I struggled with the design, trying to keep it simple and yet it needed something, so I added the staple. Hmmm, maybe my mojo has taken a hike - or maybe I just need more sleep! Speaking of which....see ya tomorrow! Sweet Dreams....
p.s. Be sure to join me and a ton of other talented bloggers for a Christmas in July Party this Saturday. Check out the details on Maggi's Blog HERE.

7 comments:

  1. What darling cards! What set has that sparkle sentiment?!? I think I need it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, I love the papers and colour combos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get some sleep girl! Your cards are great...love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards!! I love that you used your scraps..I need to do that more often.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are so fabulous. I especially like the Tilda one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great set of Christmas cards, I love all the sweet images and the fab papers. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love to hear what you think of my work! :)